Sterling companies meet all requirements from local, state and federal regulatory agencies for handling hazardous and non-hazardous liquids. Sterling Services operates the facility in Hamtramck, MI under Process Safety Management principles for all products. Additionally, Sterling Companies works closely with many different departments of the city of Hamtramck.
Sterling Companies is overseen by the following agencies:
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- United States Department of Transportation
- United States Environmental Protection Agency