Sterling companies meet all requirements from local, state and federal regulatory agencies for handling hazardous and non-hazardous liquids. Sterling Services operates the facility in Hamtramck, MI under Process Safety Management principles for all products. Additionally, Sterling Companies works closely with many different departments of the city of Hamtramck.
Sterling insures each of their employees, within their first 90-days, completes Hazwoper training and hazmat shipping and handling course. The company also is in contact with the local fire department, completing drills with the Hamtramck fire department on an annual basis. Along with the drills and training, Sterling Services completes weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance tasks to keep a clean and safe work environment.
Sterling Companies is overseen by the following agencies:
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- United States Department of Transportation
- United States Environmental Protection Agency